THE FOLLOWING COUNTIES MANUKAU WOMEN ARE ELIGIBLE FOR FUNDED INSERTION OF A JADELLE OR IUCD:
- Postnatal women who have birthed in Counties Manukau with babies up to the age of 12 weeks
Women must have been counselled as regards their options for contraception and have chosen either a Jadelle or an IUCD (including Mirena as of 1st November 2019)
Coordination and funding is through the POAC service.
Women MUST be eligible for public funded healthcare in NZ to receive this funding - refer Ministry of Health eligibility criteria.
Access to the service is via a written or electronic referral from a GP or Lead Maternity Carer (up until the baby is 3 months old) to the POAC service.
Women who have birthed a baby (up to 3 months old) in CMDHB facilities may approach their own GP for a LARC insertion and if they are able to provide this service can access the funding.
Upon receipt of an eligible referral, the selected LARC provider team will liaise with the woman and arrange an appointment. Alternatively the referred woman may contact the provider directly to schedule.
|Unsuccessful Insertion (requiring re-referral)||$50|
* No patient co-payment to be charged
The GP/LARC inserter should;
- Be approved by CMDHB to provide this service.
- Provide evidence of completed LARC insertions and keep a log of on-going insertions citing any complications. The evidence can be requested by CM Health for credentialing purposes.
- Provide appointments suitable to the woman;
- Send a discharge summary to the referrer at the conclusion of the service;
- Advise the woman to return to her own GP where applicable if any issues occur;
- Send the invoice for completed procedures to POAC (in the usual manner, using coding above)
- Inform POAC if women do not attend.
- Ensure informed consent is provided as part of the procedure to ensure a woman is confident about her decision.